In addition to writing I have several passions which include designing book covers for my clients. It started out as one client wanting to find someone who charges less than the standard and I thought, "why not make some extra cash and just do it?' The client loved my work and I ended up doing four Kindle covers including one for print.
I have done all four covers for my Kindle books as well. I use the Corel Suite graphics design software to create my covers. I am working on logo design as well.
Instructions for Cover
- Provide your concept
- Provide the manuscript or an excerpt
- Provide a photo (optional)
- Book Title and other cover information
- For CreateSpace I will need book description, barcode (if any) and author photo.
- Kindle Book cover with own photo – $50
- CreateSpace book cover with own photo – $80 (convert to Kindle for free)
- Kindle cover without own photo – $100
- CreateSpace cover without own photo – $150
Note that costs are affected by photo licenses. In order to maintain copyright of photo on cover, the photo used must be licensed for commercial use and this may come at a cost. If you are providing a stock photo you bought, make sure it is licensed for unlimited commercial use.
Here are some samples of my work.